It’s almost football season, which means it’s time to start planning for tailgating. If this is your first time tailgating in Pittsburgh, check out these tips:
- Know where to go: Generally, before games downtown, people tailgate at surface lots, in parking garages, and in water shuttles. If you aren’t sure where to go, look for groups on social media who may be happy to have you for your first game.
- Pack the Cooler Well: Start with pre-chilling anything/everything. When it comes back to pack the cooler, put any beverages at the bottom, and then add a layer of ice and give it a good shake to get the ice to fall between any crevices. Put food, ideally in water-tight containers, on top and pack it full. A full cooler means no warm air sneaks in.
- Bring games to play: Tailgating is about eating good food, but it’s always fun to play cornhole or pass the football around.
- Dress for the weather: It gets cold in Pittsburgh in the fall and winter, especially in the morning. Bring layers that you can take off as the day warms up.
- Bring trash bags: Sure, water, drinks, food, plates, etc. are all important, but if you want to be a good fan, you should always pick up your trash. Bring extra trash bags to pass out to people you see littering. They’ll take the hint.
If you need a tailgate-ready ride, look no further than our great selection of Ford F-150, Ford Explorer, Ford Escape, and Ford EcoSport. They’re all ready to rock and roll right here at Shults Ford Wexford.