Raising a family takes a lot of patience, strength, time, and—of course—money. While the costs at home may be adding up, you don’t have to spend money to have fun in southwest Pennsylvania. There are many free things to do in Pittsburgh and the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Self-Guided Tours: Downloadable one-hour audio tours created by Robert Morris University are available to immerse yourself in the exploration of downtown Pittsburgh.
- Emerald View Park: A great place for sightseeing and views of the city, this urban park has unique art and trail systems.
- Big Mac Museum: This restaurant-and-museum located in nearby North Huntingdon is filled with memorabilia and interactive exhibits, including the world’s largest Big Mac statue.
- The Frick Art & Historical Center: Admission into this collection of art and historic vehicles is free, though tours are given for a fee.
- Allegheny Observatory: Free tours are available of this historic facility, which include a grounds tour and opening presentation.
There are just a few of the free things in Pittsburgh for your family to do; go and find an adventure this weekend!