It’s almost football season, which means it’s time to start planning for tailgating. If this is your first time tailgating in Pittsburgh, check out these tips:
- Know where to go: Generally, before games downtown, people tailgate at surface lots, in parking garages, and in water shuttles. If you aren’t sure where to go, look for groups on social media who may be happy to have you for your first game.
- Pack the Cooler Well: Start with pre-chilling anything/everything. When it comes back to pack the cooler, put any beverages at the bottom, and then add a layer of ice and give it a good shake to get the ice to fall between any crevices. Put food, ideally in water-tight containers, on top and pack it full. A full cooler means no warm air sneaks in.
- Bring games to play: Tailgating is about eating good food, but it’s always fun to play cornhole or pass the football around.
- Dress for the weather: It gets cold in Pittsburgh in the fall and winter, especially in the morning. Bring layers that you can take off as the day warms up.
- Bring trash bags: Sure, water, drinks, food, plates, etc. are all important, but if you want to be a good fan, you should always pick up your trash. Bring extra trash bags to pass out to people you see littering. They’ll take the hint.
If you need a tailgate-ready ride, look no further than our great selection of Ford F-150, Ford Explorer, Ford Escape, and Ford EcoSport. They’re all ready to rock and roll right here at Shults Ford Wexford.
Football season has arrived, and that means that tailgating season has arrived with it. Here are some tips that will improve your tailgate experience, making your Saturdays or Sundays even more fun.
Provide a lot of refreshments: It’s not a party without drinks! Be sure to stock a cooler with enough cans of beer to satisfy all your guests. At the same time, though, don’t forget to get some six packs of soda for nondrinkers and under-age partiers. And cheering in the hot sun can leave you parched, so remember to stay hydrated with plenty of bottled water.
Up your food game: A successful tailgate requires awesome food. Grill up some burgers and hot dogs, along with vegetarian options. Have a wide range of tailgating foods available so everyone has a variety they enjoy.
Dress Like A Pro Tailgater: Don’t forget to look the part while playing corn hole! Wear your team colors or your favorite player’s jersey. No matter what, make sure you are enjoying yourself and you are dressed for the weather, warm or cold.
Have a portable TV and radio: A portable TV allows you to enjoy both the pre-game and the game. Want to have some music but don’t have a cordless radio? You can use your car radio while having your open trunk double as additional seating or a food/drink station.
Of course, the most important part of tailgating is doing it in a great car or truck. You can find one of those here at Shults Ford Lincoln of Wexford!
September is finally here, and that means one thing: football season! For many of us football season is the greatest time of the year. What could be better than gridiron battles, decades-long rivalries, and tailgate parties?
One very important part of throwing a successful tailgate party is having the right vehicle and the all-new 2015 Ford F-150 is perfect for tailgating. The 2015 F-150 is going to have some pretty cool available tailgate features, including opening with a remote, one-handed tailgate operation, having 115-volt outlets with 400 watts of power, a retractable ramp to roll your grill right into the back, and a retractable step to help you get in and out of the bed, too.
Watch this short video to see some of the sweet tailgate features for yourself:
Of course, the new F-150 will be perfect for more than just tailgating. The base 3.5-liter V6 will give you 283 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque and provide a towing capacity up to 7,600 pounds. Need more power? Opt for the turbocharged 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 with 325 horsepower and 375 lb-ft of torque. This engine will let you tow up to 8,500 pounds.
The 2015 F-150 will be available with a choice of five models, including the base, F-150 XLT, F-150 Lariat, F-150 King Ranch, and F-150 Platinum. It will be coming soon to Shults Ford Lincoln of Wexford.